Product Plan Overview
Collegiate Care Plans provide student insurance coverage to you when you are temporarily residing outside your home country or country of permanent residence and actively engaged in education or research activities in the USA. Your spouse and dependent children are also eligible for coverage if they are accompanying you and enrolled in your plan. As an international, you are considered “actively engaged“ in education, teaching, or research activities if you are one of the following: F1/J1/H1 Visa holder; undergraduate registered for and attending classes on full time basis; graduate student; student involved in education, educational activities, or research related activities; scholar; researcher; or teacher who is invited by an educational organization. For students to be eligible you must be actively attending classes for at least the first 31 calendar days after the date for which your coverage is purchased. Home study, correspondence, internet classes, and television courses do not fulfill the eligibility requirements of Collegiate Care Plans. You must be enrolled to cover your spouse and/or children. Permanent residents (green card holders) and US Citizens are not eligible for this Plan. It is only available for internationals while in the USA. Please be sure to check the benefits and policy exclusions on your personalized policy documents and make sure they fit your visa/school requirements. Upon effective date - this plan is fully earned and non-refundable. There are no partial refunds.View Brochure
Please review the individual product plan inclusions and information below. Click on any heading and the information will display below.
- Student: $500,000 per Injury or Illness
- Spouse/Domestic Partner: $100,000 per Injury or Illness
- Dependent Child: $100,000 per Injury or Illness
- $3,000,000 Annual Maximum
- Motor Vehicle Accident Maximum: $10,000 per Period of Insurance
- Co-Insurance 80% to Plan Maximum – In Network 60% of UCR – Out of Network
Accidental Death Benefit – the plan pays $15,000 when your death occurs as a result of accidental Injury. Loss of life must result within 90 days of the date of the accident causing such loss. Your coverage under the Policy must be in force on the date of the accident and when loss of life occurs.
Dismemberment Benefit - If you sustain accidental Injury that results in loss of a limb or sight the plan will pay the portion of the Principal Sum shown below. Loss must occur within 90 days of the accident causing such loss. In the event of more than one loss only one sum, the largest, will be paid.
- Emergency Evacuation and Return of Mortal Remains/Repatriation $100,000 Maximum - If the local attending Legally Qualified Physician and the authorized travel assistance company determine that it is Medically Necessary for You to return to Your primary place of residence because of an unforeseen Sickness or Injury which is acute or life-threatening.
- Emergency Reunion - $50 per day up to $10,000 Maximum If You are traveling alone and will be hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days and Emergency Evacuation or Medical Repatriation is not imminent, benefits will be paid to transport one person, chosen by You, by Economy Transportation, for a single visit to and from Your bedside.
- 24-Hour Assistance Service.
- Refund Provision - Upon effective date, this plan is fully earned and non-refundable. There are no partial refunds.