Product Plan Overview
Safe Travels International Cost Saver is a EXCESS temporary travel medical plan for those covered by another insurance. It includes medical, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation, and security evacuation and is for those traveling outside their home country but not to the United States. Rates are based on age and plan choices. Minimum 5 days of coverage purchase - up to one year. Renewable - If a minimum of 45 days is purchased, the policy term may be renewed with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months.View Brochure
Please review the individual product plan inclusions and information below. Click on any heading and the information will display below.
Medical Benefit Options: $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
Deductible Options: $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $5,000
ELIGIBILITY: for individuals while traveling outside their Home Country, but not visiting the United States. It can provide coverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner/traveling companion and dependent children/grandchildren. This plan does not meet PPACA requirements and is not a substitute for a medical plan. All benefits are in U.S. Dollar amounts.
EXCESS INSURANCE The coverage provided on this plan shall be in excess of all other valid and collectible insurance or indemnity and shall apply only when such other benefits are exhausted. In the event no other insurance exists this coverage becomes primary. The Insurance Company reserves the right to review and potentially subrogate with any undeclared coverage whether known or unknown to the Insured Person.
- 100% of eligible expenses up to the policy maximum
- Covers doctor visits, x-rays, prescriptions, hospital, surgery, ambulance
- Emergency medical treatment of pregnancy up to $2,500
- Mental or nervous disorders up to $2,500
- Physiotherapy/Chiropractic $50 per visit per day up to 10 visits
- Dental treatment - for injury or emergency alleviation of pain $500
- Trip Interruption up to $7,500 for a ticket home (does not lost cover trip cost)
- Minimum 5 days of coverage purchase - up to one year
- Renewable - If a minimum of 45 days is purchased, the policy term may be renewed with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months.
- Eligible claims are processed after you file with your primary carrier and get their EOB
CANCELLATION AND REFUND PROCEDURE PROVISIONS
Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if written request is received by Us prior to the Effective Date of the coverage. If written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made: a) If any claims have been filed with the Company, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable. b) If no claims have been filed with the Company, then (i) a cancellation fee of US $25 will be charged; and (ii) only full month premiums will be considered as refundable; and c) If after a refund is made, it is determined that a claim was presented to the company on an Insured Person’s behalf, the Insured Person will be fully responsible for that claim in its entirety.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment $25,000
- Emergency Evacuation up to $2,000,000
- Political Evacuation $25,000
- Repatriation of Remains up to $1,000,000
- Unexpected recurrence of a Pre-Existing condition up to the first $20,000 of Covered Expenses up to age 65 or the first $10,000 over age 65. Does not cover known, scheduled or expected medical care.
“Pre-Existing Condition” means 1. a condition, regardless of the cause of the condition, for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or treatment was recommended or received within the 24 month period before the Covered Person's coverage became effective under the Policy; 2. conditions for which the Insured Person is aware of any medical condition or set of circumstances, which could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim; 3. or any person, including those who are not travelling, whose condition may give rise to an claim; 4. or is receiving or, is on a waiting list for or has the knowledge of the need for inpatient treatment at a hospital or nursing home; 5. or has been given a terminal prognosis. The term does not include genetic information in the absence of a diagnosis of the condition related to such information.
- Athletic Sport coverage for listed sports ONLY
- AD&D upgrades to $1,000,000