Product Plan Overview
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver is a EXCESS travel medical plan for non-US Citizens traveling to the USA and includes emergency medical evacuation, repatriation and security evacuation benefits. It is a temporary insurance for persons traveling ONLY to the USA or traveling to the USA and going to other countries. Covered en-route to and in countries while on the way to the USA or the way home as well as countries on the itinerary. To qualify you must reside outside the USA. Covered places include countries en-route to and those on the itinerary, on the way to the USA or the way home or side trips to other countries. Rates are based on age and plan options. Minimum 5 days of coverage purchase - up to one year. Renewable - If a minimum of 5 days is purchased, the policy term may be renewed with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months. * Trawick Assist Phone app available for this planView Brochure
Please review the individual product plan inclusions and information below. Click on any heading and the information will display below.
Medical Benefit Options: $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 to $1,000,000
Deductible Options: $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $5,000
ELIGIBILITY: Safe Travels USA Cost Saver plan provides coverage to non-US citizens who reside outside the USA and are traveling outside of their Home Country while visiting the United States or to the United States and Worldwide. This plan is not available to green card holders in the USA. This plan is not available to anyone age 90 or above.
The coverage provided on this plan shall be in excess of all other valid and collectible insurance or indemnity and shall apply only when such other benefits are exhausted. In the event no other insurance exists this coverage becomes primary. The Insurance Company reserves the right to review and potentially subrogate with any undeclared coverage whether known or unknown to the Insured Person.
- 80% of the first $5,000 of eligible expenses then 100% up to the policy maximum
- Covers doctor visits, x-rays, prescriptions, hospital, surgery, ambulance
- Emergency medical treatment of pregnancy up to $1,000
- Mental or nervous disorders up to $2,500
- Physiotherapy/Chiropractic $50 per visit per day up to 10 visits
- Dental treatment - for injury or emergency alleviation of pain $250
- Trip Interruption up to $5,000 for a ticket home (does not lost cover trip cost)
- Minimum 5 days of coverage purchase - up to one year
- Renewable - If a minimum of 5 days is purchased, the policy term may be renewed with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND PROCEDURE PROVISIONS
Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if written request is received by Us prior to the Effective Date of the coverage. If written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made: a) If any claims have been filed with the Company, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable. b) If no claims have been filed with the Company, then (i) a cancellation fee of US $25 will be charged; and (ii) only full month premiums will be considered as refundable; and c) If after a refund is made, it is determined that a claim was presented to the company on an Insured Person’s behalf, the Insured Person will be fully responsible for that claim in its entirety.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment $25,000
- Emergency Evacuation up to $2,000,000
- Political Evacuation $25,000
- Repatriation of Remains up to $1,000,000
- Emergency Reunion $15,000
- Return of Minor Children/Traveling Companion $5,000
- Hospital Confinement $50 a day up to 10 days
- Basic Lost Baggage $1,000 - must file with carrier first
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition up to the first $1,000 subject to the chosen Deductible and Coinsurance for Covered Medical Expenses resulting from a sudden, unexpected recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition while traveling outside the Covered Person’s Home Country. This benefit does not include coverage for known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs or treatments existent or necessary prior to the Effective Date of coverage.
“Pre-Existing Condition” means Any Injury, Illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, Mental or Nervous Disorder, condition or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of Application or at any time during the 36 months prior to the Effective Date of this insurance, whether or not previously manifested, symptomatic or known, diagnosed, Treated, or disclosed to the Company prior to the Effective Date, and including any and all subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or resulting or arising therefrom. This specifically includes but is not limited to any medical condition, sickness, Injury, Illness, disease, Mental Illness or Mental Nervous Disorder, for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or Treatment was recommended or received or for which a reasonably prudent person would have sought Treatment during the 36 month period immediately preceding the Effective Date of Coverage under this Certificate..
- Home Country/Follow Me Home
- Athletic Sport for listed sports ONLY
- AD&D upgrade to $500,000
- 24-Hour Worldwide Assistance Services