Our Safe Travels Vacation Rental Protection covers nonrefundable payments such as vacation rentals, hotels, air and additional pre-paid non-refundable amounts for your trip. This plan is available for trips starting more than 30 days from now. Coverage is available for trips starting less than 30 days when purchased on the day of reservation (initial trip deposit). This plan Reimburse expenses such as accommodations when travel is delayed or interrupted due to weather, hurricanes, blizzards and other natural disasters; medical expenses, locate appropriate medical facilities and arrange medical transport including evacuation, in case of injury or illness during a trip; locate appropriate services, such as medical and legal, in emergency situations, and more.
This plan also offers optional Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) available only for trips starting more than 30 days from now and must be purchased within 14 days of initial trip deposit. Not available to residents of NH, NY & WA.
Safe Travels Vacation Rental Protection Highlights
- Trip cancellation – Protects your non-refundable leisure trip, including penalties, fees and other costs you may incur if you have to cancel.
- Trip interruption – Protects insured trip costs, including penalties, fees and other costs you may incur during your trip.
- Trip delay – Coverage for unexpected additional expenses such as meals, lodging or local transportation if your trip is delayed by more than six hours for a covered reason.
- Emergency medical – Coverage for emergency medical expenses you have during your trip due to accidental injury or illness.
- Emergency medical evacuation – Coverage for necessary emergency medical evacuation due to an accidental injury or sickness during a trip.
- Baggage / Personal Effects – coverage for lost, stolen or damaged luggage and personal items.
- Travel assistance services – Coverage for medical or legal referral services, passport visa information, prescription drug/eyeglass replacement services and additional services during your trip.
Benefits of Coverage
|Trip Cancellation||100% of Trip Cost
|Trip Interruption||100% of Trip Cost
($200/day) (6 hours or more)
(Outward Journey Only)
($200/day) (12 hours or more)
|Baggage & Personal Effects||$1,000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$25,000|
|Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense||$25,000|
|Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation||$250,000|
|Pre-Existing Conditions||Covered if purchased within 14 days of initial trip deposit.|
|10-Day Free Look||You may cancel your plan within 10 days of purchase when you have not filed a claim or departed on your trip.|
|Traveling Companions||This policy is per reservation, everyone staying at the rental under the covered reservation would be insured.|
|Cancel for Any Reason||Optional|
Reasons to Consider Travel Protection
Without travel protection, travelers run the risk of possibly losing part or all of their vacation investment if unforeseen circumstances like the following happen:
- Illness, injury or death to you, your traveling companions, or a family member not in the traveling party;
- Natural disasters like hurricanes or blizzards that cause a mandatory evacuation or cause your rental unit to be inaccessible or uninhabitable;
- Inclement weather causing delay or cancellation of travel;
- Unexpected work related activities like a job transfer, merger or acquisition;
- Road closures;
- You or Your Traveling Companion are hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury, subpoenaed, required to appear as a witness in a legal action;
- Plus many, many additional covered reasons. 30+ trip cancellation reasons in all.
IMPORTANT: Refer to your policy for specific coverage details.