One of the most popular travel destinations globally has made a significant change to its travel requirements for international travelers. Costa Rica has announced that international travelers who can provide proof of vaccination for the COVID-19 virus no longer need to provide evidence of travel insurance to enter the Central American Country. International travelers that are not vaccinated will still need to provide proof of travel insurance that complies with Costa Rica’s travel regulations. Trawick International offers multiple plans that meet these requirements.
As reported by Visitcostarica.com, the following policies will go into effect for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers as of August 1, 2021:
VACCINATED TRAVELER REGULATIONS
As of August 1, 2021, all tourists who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and inoculated with Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson can enter the country without a travel insurance policy. The last dose of the vaccine must have been applied at least 14 days before arrival in Costa Rica.
Vaccinated tourists must attach the vaccination certificate to the Health Pass. As proof, vaccination certificates and vaccination cards that contain at least the following information will be accepted:
1. Name of the person who received the vaccine
2. Date of each dose
3. Pharmaceutical house
In the case of US travelers, the “COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card” will be accepted. Tourists who are not vaccinated, with incomplete vaccination, or vaccinated with a serum other than those admitted by the Costa Rican authorities must purchase mandatory travel insurance that covers lodging in case of quarantine and medical expenses due to COVID-19 disease, as detailed below.
International Policies Regarding the policy, you can choose any international travel insurance company that meets the following requirements:
1. Valid during the entire stay in Costa Rica (coverage dates)
2. $50,000 for medical expenses, including COVID-19 disease
3. $2,000 for lodging expenses in case of COVID-19 quarantine
Your travel insurance company must provide a certificate/letter in English or Spanish stating the following:
1. Name of the person(s) traveling
2. Validity of the effective policy during the Costa Rica visit (travel dates)
3. Guarantee of coverage for medical expenses in case of COVID 19 in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000
4. Minimum coverage of $2,000 for lodging expenses for quarantine or trip interruption for this same amount
This certificate must specify that the policy covers COVID-19 and must be uploaded to the health pass to be reviewed and approved by the Costa Rican authorities. Insurance cards are not accepted. It must be a document that allows the verification of the coverage mentioned.
UNVACCINATED TRAVELER REGULATIONS
• Fill out the electronic epidemiological health pass form before departure
• For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
1) Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica
2) Coverage for Medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000
3) Includes minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential quarantine lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic
Travel Insurance Certificate
Upon purchasing travel insurance from Trawick International, you will receive a visa letter as well as a certificate for you to present to the Republic of Costa Rica. The visa letter can be uploaded as required to fill out the required paperwork using this link for Costa Rica Health Pass: https://salud.go.cr
Insure Your Trip To Costa Rica
Trawick International believes you should purchase a travel insurance plan while visiting Costa Rica regardless if you are vaccinated or not. Check out our recent blog post on why travel insurance is important and gives additional reasons you should insure your trip to Costa Rica. Travel insurance is meant to protect your investment in your trip and also helps protect you while traveling.
PLEASE NOTE: Guidelines may have changed since this was published. Before traveling, you should always check your destination's COVID-19 situation and travel requirements. Countries may have their own entry and exit requirements. Additionally, always check for travel advisories in the area to which you are traveling. Refer to https://www.cdc.gov/ and https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html for up-to-date information and guidelines.
Founded in 1998, Trawick International is a full-service travel insurance provider specializing in protecting travelers of all types worldwide. We offer various travel insurance plans designed specifically by types of coverage, including comprehensive travel protection insurance, international travel medical insurance, visitor’s insurance, and international student insurance. Our company's mission is to deliver superior travel and medical insurance products that offer the best 24/7 emergency assistance services available. Contact us at 888-301-9289 or email@example.com.
By Administrator at 2 Aug 2021, 20:32 PM